From: "G. McFarlane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 3:08 AM
Subject: Re: Diamond Cut 5 (DC5)

Hi Hank
I think it's about $199 dollars for the new version. They have special deals
however - when I bought it about 6 months ago it was on offer at $125. They
claim to have deals for new users I think.

here's the blurb from their email to me. There's more detail on the
website - I think you'll find it exciting:
www.tracertek.com

Gordon

Here's the email I first received:
Introducing DC SIX- A Special Announcement
We know that many of you spend a lot of time with DC Five and that you love
the feature set.  Over the months DC Five has been shipping,  we've been
told
again and again that DC Five is simply the finest and most full featured
audio restoration and enhancement product on the market.  We've always taken
great
pride in this.
Even though we love DC Five, honesty compels us to report to you that this
statement is no longer true.   There's another product that takes audio
restoration
to a whole new level.
Happily, it's from us and it's called DC Six!
This special edition of our wildly popular (in our humble opinion)
newsletter is devoted to one subject - all the scoop on DC Six.  If you are
a present
owner of Enhance/CDR, DCart32, DC Millennium, DC Five, have ever purchased
anything from Tracer, or even if you just like to admire great software from
afar, you'll want to read this edition from cover to cover.
New Features in DC Six
When we started to plan DC Six, we decided to focus on the big picture.
Basically, we wanted to do three things all at once.  We wanted to make the
program
faster, we wanted it to be easier and we wanted even more power.  We think
you'll see all three of these goals in the feature set.
-  DC Six is MUCH faster when processing.  We now make even better use of
the math functions buried deep in your cpu and the result is a speed
improvement
on many filters from 10 to 80%.  DC Five was fast, but DC Six will go MUCH
faster when you press that Run Filter button.  You will see this speed
improvement
on both AMD and Intel processors.
- DC Six has a totally new type of filter that we've never offered before.
Our new EZ Clean will make it possible to fully dial in the filter to get
out
clicks, pops, crackle, hum, rumble, surface noise and hiss with less than 5
seconds of prep work.  There are no noise samples to be taken - the program
finds the noise and removes it automatically.  It even adjusts to a changing
noise environment automatically.  It shows you what it is doing
automatically.
 You'll be automatically amazed by this super easy to use filter.  It's just
great for any type of record or music recording on tape.
- DC Six has another new feature that many of you have been asking for:  A
video mode.  Now you can open AVI and mpeg video files in DC Six and watch
the
video and hear the audio.  You can extract the audio portion of the video
file and use the Classic Mode or Fast Edit mode tools on this audio.
- DC Six now has support for DirectX plug-ins.  If you have other audio
processing plugs you can now apply them in DC Six just like our native
tools.  You
can even put them in the Multifilter!
- DC Six has a new 20 Band Graphic EQ.  This new EQ uses traditional sliders
to make it incredibly easy to apply more complex EQ curves.
- DC Six now offers the ability to rip audio CDs!  This is a much asked for
feature.  It will even look up your audio CDs and display the name of each
track.
 A single click will get the audio off the CD and onto your hard drive.
- DC Six now offers one button delete of .pkf and temp files.  If you've
found hundreds of these sitting on your hard drive, now you can get rid of
them
with one click.
- DC Six has a new Fat Bottom function in the VVA.  This is a bass harmonic
synthesizer which can really punch up your bass-challenged recordings.
- DC Six now has a new batch RMS gain normalize function.  This adds another
capability to automatically level volumes among different songs in a
compilation.
- DC Six now saves in many new compressed audio formats.  If you install a
new audio Codec on your computer, DC Six will automatically notice and allow
you to save in that format.
- DC Six adds an entirely new mode to the Continuous Noise Filter called
Auto CNF.  This is a new type to adaptive tool which does not require a
noise sample
and is a more advanced version used in the EZ Clean filter.
- DC Six will now use files greater than 2GB is size.  This has always been
a limitation of the .wav file format and not the audio program.  We decided
to fix it anyway.  You can now record your 10 hours of radio without
stopping.
- DC Six now has cancel buttons and progress indicators from most all
functions.
- DC Six now has a new Snap-to-Zero-Crossing function.  This will allow you
to do a cut and paste without creating a click where the paste occurs.
- DC Six has a new Clone function which allows you to copy the Source window
to the Destination window with one mouse click and offers to do this for you
if you are working on part of a source file and don't have a destination
file open.
- DC Six has two new Paste functions - paste at the end of a file and paste
at the beginning.  This makes it easy to make sure your audio is being
pasted
exactly where you want it.
- DC Six will ship with a new manual which, believe it or not, will be even
larger than our previous version.
- And lastly, we'll save a surprise or two for ship time!
So when will DC Six Ship and What will it Cost?
Our plan is to ship DC Six on (or around) June 15th (this year).  With any
luck, we'll surprise you all and beat that date!
How much is the Upgrade?
After June 15th, the upgrade to DC Six is $99 for owners of DC Five.  It
will be $149 for DC Millennium owners and $159 for DCart32 owners.  It will
also
be $159 for any Tracer Customer..no matter what you've purchased from us.
If you Preorder...no matter who you are, you'll save some money...check out
below.
Our "No Upgrade Left Behind" special offer for you
For our current DC FIVE users, preorder today and save on shipping.  You'll
only pay $99.  We won't charge your card until we ship you something.
We know who you are.  You're the person who is still using DCart32 or DC
Millennium.  You've been tempted in the past to move up to DC FIVE, but for
whatever
reason you haven't.  Tsk, tsk.
This time, we want everyone to join us at the DC Six party, so all you
DCart32 and DC Mill owners are getting a special invitation to join us in
the launch
of DC Six.  Here's the way it works:
You simply upgrade to DC Five now for $99.  This is good for both DC
Millennium and DCart32 owners.  We'll send you out the DC Five immediately
and we'll
also send you DC Six when it ships.  This is your chance to get totally
caught up for a bargain price.  After DC Six ships, the upgrade prices will
be
as shown above, so don't miss this opportunity to join the rest of us in the
DC Six launch.  Remember, DC Six is faster and easier to use.  This offer
is only good until DC Six ships, so now's the time to join with us.
DC FIVE To DC SIX...$99 Click Here To Preorder Your Upgrade:
http://store.yahoo.com/tracertek/dcsixupfrdcf.html
tracertek/dcsixauedrea
DC Millennium To DC SIX...Preorder For Only $99 Reg. $149:
http://store.yahoo.com/tracertek/dcsixupfrdcm.html
DC-32, Enhance/CDR...Any Other Old DC Stuff...Preorder for $99 Reg. $159:
http://store.yahoo.com/tracertek/dcsixupfmold.html
Tracer Customers of all products can upgrade for $129...Reg. $159:
http://store.yahoo.com/tracertek/dcsixupfortr.html
I just bought DC Five last week!
Don't worry.  Anyone who purchased DC Five after Apr 1, 2004 will get DC Six
for Free.  This includes folks who upgraded during this period.
How do I get mine with the first shipments?
Order your upgrade now and we'll ship them in the order received.
Wanna read all about it?  Try
http://www.tracertek.com/dc_six.htm
Wanna see how DC SIX compares to our entire lineup?  Try
http://www.tracertek.com/restorationcomparison.htm
Order this Hot New Product Today and SAVE!
Have a great week.
Your friends at Tracer