I would like to try the Apple TV now that it is accessible, but at the moment I don't have anything with either an optical or an HDMI input. Time to check those big sales again, I guess!

Gary King
w4...@bellsouth.net

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtd...@internode.on.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2010 12:12 PM
Subject: Apple TV

Hi!

One of the things I'm very much looking forward to this week is the arrival of my Apple TV, I'm sure others will write pieces on this multi media device in due course along with myself, I'll be making reference to it often on my TTwitter and I'll be doing various reviews of it on my blog.

In short this device which is around 3 inches square allows the streaming of media from Itunes computers or other compatible devices on your network, Youtunes videos, Netflicks, etc to your TV or an audio device through the Optical digital or HDMI connections on the device, you control what you hear with a remote control, not unlike that which used to come as standard with the Apple Imac and Macbook computers.

Apple TV now supports accessibility through Voiceover so - once set up - a blind person can browse their media library and so on deciding what to hear.