Two great programs, each of which is free. First, express burn. This is free although a previous poster stated there was a cost. The free version is limited to noncommercial use and will not burn video DVDs.

Another great free program which will do exactly what you want is Burnaware. Google as I do not recall the url. The reason I prefer this is because it has a utility which tells you the exact type of disc which is in your drive, in addition to which it tells whether the disc is empty, etc.

Don Roberts