I believe CDBurner XP will do this. And it is free and does work with the
latest version of Windows.

Dean
----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry Chapman" <ba...@bchapman.id.au>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 6:59 PM
Subject: Re: CD copying recommendation needed

| Thanks Don.  I'll take a look.
|
| Barry Chapman

copies are wanted and it is all pretty automatic from
| > there.
| > I have looked briefly at EAC, but it seems more complicated than that.
The specs seem to indicate that it is mainly an audio
| > grabber rather than a CD copier.  The person who would be doing the
copying is not particularly computer literate, so I wanted it
| > be as simple as possible.
| >
| > Someone mentioned Nero Express.  The organisation has that program, but
I didn't think it was all that accessible.  I use Nero
| > Burning ROM myself, but as you suggest, I think it would be overkill for
them.  I'll take another look at Nero Express to see what
| > can work out.
| >
| > Thanks,
| > Barry Chapman

once though it may be that you might consider a small CD
| > duplicating system just to make things easier.
| >
| > Anyway back to EAC, it can read from a cue/wave pair so that's the
contents of your CD, the WAVE is the audio and the cue sheet
| > defines where audio tracks begin and end on the CD itself.
| >
| > Most sound editors these days including Goldwave are capable of
producing these files so once you have a pair? Well its just a
| > matter of feeding that to EAC, inserting a CD, pressing a button and
letting EAC do its stuff.

| > I'd imagine you'd only have to do a small number of CD's would that be
right? I mean most people have the Internet so they could
| > download say through a Podcast system etc.
| >
| > The other advantage of using a Cue Wave pair is that you could upload it
to a file sharing site - say Dropbox - and have other
| > people work on the project, say other people copy the CD in other states
as well as your own.

| > Just a thought
| >

| > On 01/06/2011, at 9:33 PM, Barry Chapman wrote:
| >
| >> A small blindness organisation has asked me to recommend a program for
copying their quarterly audio newsletter.  I know there
| >> are
| >> many programs which will do this, but I am looking for something
without bells and whistles which will simply do the following
| >> and
| >> is accessible and easy to use.
| >>
| >> 1. Can read a CD to temporary storage on hard disk.
| >>
| >> 2. Can produce a specified number of exact copies of the CD.  That is,
if 20 copies are specified, eject each CD once copied and
| >> prompt for the next until the 20 copies have been made.
| >>
| >> 3. Has an option to specify the write speed.
| >>
| >> 4. Has an option to verify that the disk has been written correctly.
| >>
| >> 5. The program is fairly inexpensive or preferably free.
| >>
| >> Note that it needs to do an exact copy of the disk rather than track by
track, since there aren't gaps between the tracks on the