Thanks, Jeff; gonna keep this around for further reference; I somehow thought I could figure this out (and I actually did get it to put me at the MP3 I needed to edit; I just don't know exactly how I did it! Thanks again!
Tom Kaufman
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Samco" <jsa...@jps.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 1:25 AM
Subject: Re: Problem With MP3 Direct Cut Not Taking Me To Correct Folder

You're halfway there, Tom. After doing Ctrl-O and a shift tab, yes, you're in your last used folder. Shift tab 2 more times to a list of folders. It never seemed to be in any order I could figure out. I do a left or right arrow to then enable me to up arrow in the list. You will likely find a folder at a higher level than the one you wish to go to to locate your MP3 file to edit. Leave that higher level folder selected in that list. Now tab twice to the list which will show all the folders and files under the higher level folder you just selected. If you need to go to deeper levels of folders, just select the next folder you need to open and press Enter. You can keep doing this until you reach the folder with the file you need to edit.
HTH,
Jeff