I don't see the message you're referring to, but obviously, once you
purchase something you can't do whatever you want with it. I can not buy
a CD and then start reproducing it at will to either give it away or to
resell. I couldn't do the same thing with a book either.

There is the fair use concept in the US legal system, where you're
allowed to make backups or copies of a CD, VCR or the like for your own
personal use, but Audible is allowed to ask you to waive this right to
use their services. Bottom line, regardless of what you think, you are
bound by the terms and conditions of the agreements you enter into.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chalt...@gmail.com