Depends on where you purchase them from. I'd suggest checking out the
terms and conditions of the site where you're purchasing your books,
Audible in this case. Does Audible allow you to burn their books to a CD
or copy them to an MP3 player? I'm not sure about Audible's terms and
conditions or how they enforce their DRM strategy, but I would assume
you can still listen to your Audible books even after you leave Audible.
You'd still be bound by the terms and conditions that you agreed to when
you bought the books though. I'm not exactly sure what you're objecting
to though, since I don't see the message you're replying to below.

It's been a long time since I've used Audible, and I don't think I have
the books I bought from Audbile around any more. I guess I should
probably check that Windows system where I put them, but I'm sure those
books are up on BARD by now. I've used Overdrive.com though, but that's
a bit different. I never purchased a book from Overdrive.com, I was just
borrowing them, and I obviously had to agree to get rid of any copies
I'd made when the lending period was over.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chalt...@gmail.com