Fair Points and I too have used Adobe Audition though it was quite some time back, I enjoyed the experience.

I'm not totally anti Sound Forge either, I own Sound Forge Audio Studio, there are things I don't like about it, I'm not sure - knowing now what I didn't know when I bought it - I would have paid the money for it but having said all that, well it cost less than $100 and does perform quite well, I wonder to be honest whether Sound Forge Audio Studio might be all that most people would need if they're going to look at Sound Forge?

A lot of people are fascinated with the "Pro" in a title, Sound Forge Pro and so on but having "Pro" as part of a name doesn't mean that its better or worse than the competition or doesn't mean that its going to work any better than a basic or cut down version of something for some users.