From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2015 8:43 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Review: Sony Creative Software Sound Forge Pro 11 - Studio Daily

Just to clear up any confusion, its the audio device you’re using that
determines what the quality of the audio will be thus the software you’re using
- in this case Total Recorder - gets the information from Windows and the
connected audio Hardware.

In my case if I wish to record at 192K 24 bit I’d go into Total Recorder for
this example, select Recording Source And Parameters from the Options Menu and
then select the Hardware device I wish to record from, from there I’d select
“Change” to set the recording format which would be to PCM High Quality and
then I’d select the attributes from the combo box, 24 bit 192KHZ.