I think the problem is a bit more complex than that, why for example is his end
changing eMail with a subject line into eMail replies without one? I can only
conclude at this point that perhaps John has some sort of rules or filters
running in his eMail client and they’re causing this unintentional consequence?
Regardless of all that though tis is an audio list after all and not a
tech-type one, I’m sure John will manage to sort it all out, he knows what the
problem is now.

As for blank eMail? Yes, they may look that way on some Screen reading software
I’ve used under Windows, I thought the eMail was bank when I tried to read with
Window-Eyes in Thunderbird but the eMail is perfectly readable on other
platforms so perhaps that’s why another list member was seeing John’s eMail as
blank and containing no content.