Okay well being a Android user myself I'd like to make a few comments.

Firstly regarding the new Google Nexus P6 and atpX? I've just looked and this phone doesn't have that facility, none of the Nexus phones do it seems so that's a shame but yep the audio apart from that is very good I'm told.

My experience with Android has only extended over some of the Samsung models of phones so I can't comment on them all.

Unlike IOS Android can be a very different ball game depending on the device you use.

Editing with the Samsung took me a little getting used to and it can be pain staking I admit but can be done, I don't use my Samsung Galaxy S6 - nor my IOS devices - to write books, essays or long emails - well at least I don't use the touch screen keyboard - I have Bluetooth keyboards to do that sort of thing and - from that point of view - editing with the Samsung is a far better experience given that the keyboard commands are very Windows PC like and logical.

I won't go on further about this but if you want to know more then you'll find plenty of documentation on the subjects raised here or you might consider joining the vi-android list.

And before I close I believe the onscreen keyboards I've used with my Samsung devices - the default Samsung onscreen keyboard - is far easier to use than that given to us on an IS device given that all the letters and numbers are present on the screen.