If you’ve set Total Recorder to capture a stream then the bit rate the stream
is transmitted in will be captured.
For example let’s suppose you’re recording BBC Music? They have a 320K stream
so you would input this into Total Recorder directly rather than use Tapin
Radio.
Total recorder would capture the stream as is and thus save it to a file.
You can set conditions and so on to control the name of that file and so on.

> On 10 Jan 2017, at 7:38 am, Andy <meikle.ai...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all.
>
> I use Tap-in Radio to listen, for example, to a BBC 6 Music show, and total
> recorder professional to record the show.
>
> BBC 6 music is broadcast at a very high bit rate and I was wondering if
> perhaps I'm capturing it at it's best.
>
> I have had a look within Total Recorder settings to see if perchance there
> was a box for adjusting the quality or bit rate of recording, but I cannot
> find it.
>
> Anyone know how I can ensure that I'm recording at the very best posible
> quality available to me.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Very best wishes.
>
> Andy.
>
> From Scotland with Love.

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.