Hi!

I just bought one of these units and would like to make comment on my purchase.

Firstly I think that the unit does a brilliant job for what it is in most respects.

The sound from the internal speaker is a little muffled however - having already heard a VR Stream - I was already prepared for this, a bit of an annoyance one might say so to overcome this I use a small BUniden hand-held amplified battery speaker I've had for years, cost me $25 about 7 years ago, pity the Stream doesn't have Bluetooth but I guess a product can't have everythint.

Now I don't know whether this is my unit in particular but I have noticed that the downloading of data seems to be incredibly slow compared to other devices I have on my network, I used the "Check for Updates" function and - according to that - the firmware is up to date, well at least the data does get downloaded I guess.

There's a hell of a lot of functionality packed into the VR Stream box and a lot of this - such as the Internet Radio, podcasts and so forth - I won't bother using - given I already have better solutions for that sort of thing - but for those who don't the VR Stream provides a great entry level to the world of Internet Radio and Podcasting.

Getting online with the Vision Australia library was a snap so I downlaoded a couple of books.

Again, I have other Apps and so forth which I prefer to use myself but the Stream is convenient for reading, no doubt about that even though I read all my newspapers these days straight from the web site its good to know I have a reliable backup.

--

"Live each day as if you were goiing to die tomorrow, learn each day as if you were