> The first dates I received (email) from Oracle for the "end of SunSolve"
> was this past weekend - Nov 19th.  My guess is that "some" processing
> occurred this weekend.  Maybe some of the services/servers were offline.
>
> Last week I received an email containing two new SIDs (actually two emails
> - the first had blanks where the second contained the SIDs) .  When I
> checked the MOS Settings/Personal and Administration I found nine
> additional Support Identifiers (I had an MOS account under our Oracle DB
> SID before Sun).  Today I see additional "Settings" choices.
>
> It looks like at least some of the SunSolve/MSC replacement systems are
> coming online.
>
> At least some of the info I have seen indicates that the complete
> replacement of SunSolve/MSC is not due to be online until Monday December
> 13th.  The plan maybe to use the weekend - December 11th and 12th for
> conversion.  In any case, I think it would be prudent to download any
> patches well in advance ...
>

> have a good week,
>
> Glen Gunselman

My level of panic is related to a project that will require a deck load of
M4000 servers, Brocade switches and storage and a big issue on the table
is "can Oracle be trusted to provide the service we pay for?"

If this sort of confusion occurs for much longer then I fear that the
entire ssolution will fall over to RHEL and that will end the Solaris
based solution. Yes, it is that big a deal to provide support.

The only thing that keeps the Solaris solution on the table is the ZFS and
cluster features. However, these are not worth much if the support side is
deemed a "risk".

Anyway, that explains my level of concern here.

--
Dennis Clarke
dcla...@opensolaris.ca  <- Email related to the open source Solaris