I should add that we want a print depicting the 1" object as a 10" image.

An image an inch wide, enlarged
from 8 x 10 to any size you like, will be no better than an image an inch
wide enlarged from 35 mm to the same size.
So, getting a larger image (on a plate) of the same 1" object (using the proper optics) would not bring any advantage?

Those matters are kind of hard to figure out for most of us...

André

So what? We are talking about final images that are no larger than the 35 mm
frame.

Don

Dr E D F Williams

http://personal.inet.fi/cool/don.williams