On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Dan Scott wrote:
> Is it possible to do macro work with a 4x5? What lens and extension
> would be needed?

I've fooled around with mine quite a few times.. Using my old Pacemaker
with a Dagor WA 111/6.8 or the Optar 135/4.7 that came with. You have to
extend the bellows to twice the length to acheive 1:1. I'm pretty happy
with my results, they're also lacking this weird blur/flare thing that I
get whenever I reverse a lens on my Pentax.

Focussing isn't very easy, I do most of it by raising and lowering the
tripod head from the center coloum.

The biggest problem I have is lack of movements.

--
http://www.infotainment.org       <->     more fun than a poke in your eye.
http://www.eighteenpercent.com    <->     photography and portfolio.