For a very impressive review including image comparisons of the EOS D1s and
35mm and 645 (buy the way he uses the Pentax 645) see this page below.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/1ds/1ds-field.shtml

-----Original Message-----
From: David Brooks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 3:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RE: Hypothetical Question

Two thinks i like about the D1 even with the 80-200 f2.8 on it,is its
well balanced even with the weight.The Pentax DSLR would have to ,for
me,be aswell.
Also the shutter"lag" is that of an slr,meaning its good for
capturing high speed sports with out panning(not to say panning is
bad<g>)
Just not sure how the CMOS works vs the CCD.I always associated CMOS
as start up computer programing.I have seen the Canon 1D and it looks
nice and its cheaper than the Dxx series from Nikon.
Any CMOS comments....Cotty?

Dave