I'm using JEXT for HTML, PHP, Java and so on. It's free and works well
enough, but is strictly a coding tool. The only hassle I have had is that
you have to fiddle around to get it to recognise that an SHTML extension
indicates an HTML file. If it doesn't recognise the extension it won't turn
on the appropriate colour coding of key words. It has been really helpful
when setting up sites that use HTML front ends to pages generated by PHP or
from SQL queries. I can have all of the different types of files open and
switch from one to the other as necessary.

> vi.  Well, technically vim....

Oooh, don't get me started. Archaic sixties era technology that has no
purpose other than as an aid for sharpening your memory skills. Even mobile
phones have enough memory to run GUIs nowadays and its been a long while
since I have seen a 3270 terminal or DECwriter in use so there is really no
excuse for command line stuff. At 37 I am finding it harder and harder to
memorize arcane command strings and have forgotten just about everything I
used to know about SPF and SAS and other systems that occupied a large part
of my working life once. For every job that is marginally easier with a
command line interface there are dozens that would be virtually impossible
without a GUI.

oops, sorry, I'll stop ranting now.

Paul Ewins
Melbourne, Australia