If you are going to make money with it lease a digital. The lease payments are 100% deductable (at least in the US). Why tie up your capital? And by the time the lease runs out there will be a better camera available anyway.

--

Tanya Mayer - Photographic Artist wrote:

This is a very interesting thread - and very relevant to myself.  I am
currently in a bit
of a quandry wondering what direction to take.  I was HANGING out for the
D-ist to
arrive here in Oz, but then couldn't bring myself to part the the $3k to buy
one.  I was
wanting to hang onto my $$ to go towards a new studio set up.

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."