Thanks.

> To answer your question - QLD is short for Queensland,
> the sunny state that I live in in Australia.  You know NY
> is to New York...
> lol.

Ah. I thought it was some print process I hadn't heard of.

>  Also, I have never seen a proof magazine offered at any of
> the Australian
> labs that I
> deal with however I can see how it would work, and I think
> that most people
> would
> love to have them like that to keep.

Well, if you go digital, I would recommend you just offer digital
proofing as your standard process. If they balk, offer the proof mag,
or regular proofs for an extra fee.

My print sales have gone up about 30%. Also, I usually get anywhere
from 100 to 1000 hits to the each online proof set. You can't beat the
advertising.

As to the "highway robbery" reference...you aren't holding a gun to
your prospect's heads. They know your pricing before they hire you,
and they hire you because they think you're worth it. Higher fees are
ok if you can get them - it means more money or less work, neither of
which is a bad thing. This is a business after all...

tv

--
Thomas Van Veen Photography
www.thomasvanveen.com