Yamaha Guiars have almost nothing to do with Pentax.
All of you hell-bent on describing soundhole rosettes
please use the new subject.
\
Out of curiosity, how old is your FG335? (I'm pretty sure I've played one and liked it ... which would explain the striping looking familiar. And yeah, I could tell it was a dreadnaught from the shape of the waist. ;-) )

I got it in February 2003, but I think by then Yamaha wasn't making them
anymore because I couldn't find it on their website. Mine has a very
nice, warm sound but the action is kind of high. I also want to see if I
can find a smaller-bodied acoustic, like a parlor guitar or something.

I played piano as a kid and last fall we got a full-size keyboard, so
I've been spending more time on that anyway.

Meanwhile, on my "lust list" for guitars is one of these guys. I played
with one at Sam Ash and loved it.
http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/series.asp?s=ax&l=e