On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:43:02 +0400, you wrote:

>My question - is it a mere glitch, or am I in trouble? Anyone had
>similar experience?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Boris

PayPal and Ebay are in business to maximize their profits and close
off all loopholes that might cause losses. Never forget. They are not
nice guys out to help us buy neat stuff at a bargain.  So any refusals
one encounters are simply PayPal protecting itself, without regard to
user convenience.

I envision a time when PayPal and Ebay become so onerous and expensive
to use that they destroy their original core business - individuals
buying and selling their own stuff.  It's happening somewhat now - the
number of bargains from individual sellers is way down compared to
just 18 months ago.   Most of Ebay photo is overrun with full-time
businesses hawking retail merchandize, much of which can be purchased
online or in local retail stores for about the same as the Ebay price.

I am heartily enjoying my Ebay-free and PayPal-free lifestyle.  I
actually wish I had abandoned both of them a couple of years sooner.
When I think of all the hours spent on Ebay, not to mention the
dollars, that could have been spent with my wife or even the dang dog,
I think I must have been addicted, or somehow in a PayBay-crazed
fugue.

--
Cactus Jack
Warm and Dry in the Valley of the Sun