----- Original Message ----- From: "E.R.N. Reed"
Subject: Re: Winder ME, anyone?

I have a reverse story -- one day I happened to be looking through my "recommendations" list from Amazon and there was a book I'd never heard of, but it looked really, really interesting. I happened to be passing by Barnes & Noble an hour or so later, went in to check their price and if they had it and all that, and there it was, sitting just on the corner of a shelf where my eye caught it as I walked in. One sale for B&N, compliments of Amazon's sales practices!!
Impatience will still help the brick & mortar stores somewhat, I think.

Maybe, but more likely not.
Most places now, the only book shops are large chains such as Chapters or B&N. The small players are already forced out. We've already witnessed it happen with camera stores, it'll happen soon enough with bookstores.

William Robb