I can fish out a DS RAW file this evening ...

I compared the 16-45 and 20-35 at 20, 24, 28 and 35mm focal length settings. They are very very close on sharpness, in my opinion, but the 20-35 has less rectilinear distortion and nicer out-of-focus rendering quality. The 16-45 seems to go a little smeary on corners and edges when wide open where the 20-35 defocuses nicely.

Two 20-35 photos:
 http://homepage.mac.com/ramarren/photo/PAW5/21.htm
 http://homepage.mac.com/ramarren/photo/PAW5/22.htm

I have a lot more yet to process and present with this lens, but I've been concentrating on the work from my UK trip which was before I owned the 20-35 lens.

Godfrey