Mark Roberts wrote:

> Some of you may have seen this in my collection of UK vacation photos
> from last summer. The Office of International Programs at Duquesne
> University, where I'm currently working on my masters degree, just had a
> photo contest and I won first prize with this one. I'm not sure if I get
> anything besides bragging rights but what the heck, maybe it'll look
> good on my resume!

Kudos! (as opposed to koodoos) Thats great, Mark!
(as opposed to That's great.  Mark! :) )
oh well, go ahead and mark, Mark

> http://www.robertstech.com/peso.htm
>
> Notes:
> 1. Luddites rejoice! This was shot on FILM! (Pentax 645, Ilford HP5+)
> 2. I really do like the sepia toning, but the main reason I did it at
> the time was so I could print it at home: I haven't yet mastered the art
> of getting neutral monochrome reproduction out of my Epson 2200 and I
> hoped that the sepia tone would hide any slight color cast. It worked -
> the print looks great!

hehe - I did the same thing recently, because I couldn't get
a black and white
out of my 820 without a pinkish cast (on glossy paper
anyway)

I had fair results from treating the black and white as
color, desaturating it,
then giving it a bit of cyan tint - it kinda worked.

the photo looks great - I remember it from before.

Best,
ann