On Mar 13, 2006, at 11:27, Jens Bladt wrote:

Don, in your language - as well as mine - the word objektive means lens. In Danish a lens (linse) is just one (1) lens element. "Objective" as opposed
to "Ocular".

In English, however, I belive objective means something like Goal.

It also can be used to refer to a point of view that is without bias. Such as: "It is difficult to have an objective opinion about the beauty of one's own child".

A magazine reviewer's objective can be to have an objective opinion about a variety of objectives! (Actually, I don't know if English uses the term "objective" to refer to lenses much so I guess that's a stretch).

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]