Yes, they sometimes do.  The messages you are receiving are typical,
although I don't recall hearing about problems with JPEG's, just PSD and
TIFF files that have layers or which include the use of features not found
in earlier versions.

Dave, you ~really~ should join the Adobe User-toUser forums.  You will get
better answers to your question, and I guarantee that you will learn a lot.
The Photoshop list offers a few tidbits now and then, but is nowhere near
as information rich as the User forums.  A few of the developers and
engineers for Photoshop frequent the place and offer their help as well.

http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

Shel

I didi not merge any layers)and moved it to my PC Windows XP Home SP 2.
> When i went to open in PS 7 it gave me an eror of not enough memeory to
open. The file is only 68K.
> However it would open in PSEL3 but i could not do anything to it as it
said the layers were locked.

> Any tips.?
>
> I have one more thing to add to the logo, and now i have problems??? Go
fiqure.LOL I 'll finish it in CS on the ibook, just curious whats happening
here.