Yes very charming!

Tom C.

From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: PDML <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: Halifax project
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:04:55 -0800

Neat stuff! They look very good.

This is basically how I've been working with some Minox 8x11mm negatives. I use the DS, a 2x teleconverter, an extension tube set, and an A50/2.8 Macro lens to net 2x magnification. With the Minox, captures like this represent getting about a 5Mpixel image from those teensy slivers of film which is much better than I can do with my Epson 2450 or Minolta Scan Dual II scanners (about .9 and 1Mpixel image data respectively).

From 4x5, well, the results are very good ... but you're losing a tremendous amount of the available data. A 2400ppi scan with the 2450 would result in a 115Mpixel image ... WAY more resolution than anything you could possibly need for a 16x20 presentation print! :-)

Godfrey