From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Don Williams
Sent: 07 July, 2006 9:14 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: web page building software

I have JAlbum and to start with was satisfied. But some of the slides
end up with nasty jaggies and others with noise that looks like film
grain. For example I did some shop interiors with fluorescent light
fitting hanging from the ceiling. The straight edges of the fittings
look like miniatures staircases. Shelves and racks show the same jagged
edges. I thought at first this was my fault -- some of the images had
been sharpened in Photoshop. So I tried with untouched TIFF files --
same problem. It works quite well with some subjects and I have a large
gallery of crystal pictures on my website that is perfect. But a gallery

of flower macros have some pretty awful slides -- so noisy they're
unusable. I have no idea what's going on or why. The jagged edges must
have something to do with the conversion and scaling routines -- I
suppose. But the noise?

Don

--
Dr E D F Williams