Hi!

> Over the past few years, ever since seeing Elliott Erwitt's famous portrait
> of the cellist, Cassals, I've been making portraits of people by showing
> something of their environment, trying to capture a bit of who they are,
> their interests, personalities, without including the person in the shot.
> You've seen some of these photos posted here before.  Here's a recent
> portrait of my friend Linda.
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~morepix/portrait.html

Shel, this photograph made me think introspective... Naturally I shall
not put here all the thoughts that crossed my mind. But to me it looks
like a depiction of an era that has come and went. You see, the lamp,
the photograph, it all speaks of times that are no longer with us...

My wife approves of my opinion ;-).

Boris