A large part of a wider maximum aperture is easier focusing, weather
autofocus or manual an F2 lens will lock a lot faster than an F3.5.  My
SMC Takumar 35mm f3.5 gives excellent  results on film and digital but
it's a PITA to achieve  precise focus, under anything other than the
brightest lighting conditions.

--
When you're worried or in doubt,
        Run in circles, (scream and shout).