> As I've said, if it wasn't for these work situations I wouldn't have
> one at all.

I use one for work, but I don't like the constant availability it
seems to imply. However, I would still keep one even if not for work
because they are very useful in other ways. For example, London
transport is chaotic so you can often be hours late for a meeting -
it's very useful to be able to phone ahead (or be phoned) in that
situation.

Yesterday I had a good example of why they can be so useful. I was in
the West End buying more crap when the phone rang. It was my cleaner.
I could barely hear her speak because she'd accidentally set off the
burglar alarm, and didn't know the code to turn it off. Very handy to
have a mobile phone in a situation like that.

Bob