I will repsond to a couple points..

* It is indeed academic: it is a final evaluation of a bachelor which
means 3 years studies (precision because those things tends to change
quite much from country to country).

* The usual software student do provide (because in line with the
school program so quite logical) is always a management of this or
that like CD/DVD collection, DVD renting management, hotel
personel/room management and whatever you can think of those kind of
blabla renting... Quite boring to say the least. Even teachers are fed
up ;)

* At first I planned to do a computer asset management. Boring but
useful for my work. I'm teacher but part of my schedule is dedicated
to hardware/software management for the whole school (4 rooms with
about 20 computers / room).

* A couple days ago I thought I was more interested into photography
and I'd be more motivated creating such a software.

* Concerning the time I have: I need to give a draft (a little
presentation so bascaly just to tell them what I intend to produce) by
monday. The final software should be given to them with usual ton of
papers ;) early november 2007 and public defense should be around
december 2007. Time I have but I'm working full time as well at the
same time.

Hope it gives a beter idea of the circumstances...

--

Thibault Massart aka Thibouille