In a message dated 4/25/2007 2:02:16 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Based on comments by  the list, I thought I would try a few more things
and show you what I had to  work with.  The story I told is basically
how the shot came to be -  whether you agree with my thought process or
not, that is why I took the  shot.  The issue I had was harsher
lighting than I wanted - time of day  was a big factor and couldn't be
helped.

Anyway, here is the shot I  had to work with and some variations on
what I showed you.  Any thoughts  would be appreciated.

Original Image as  shot:
http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/bkd_4734.htm

Alternate  #1:
http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/bkd_4734b.htm

Alternate  #2:
http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/bkd_4734e.htm

Alternate  #3:
http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/bkd_4734d.htm

Image I showed  previously:
http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/bkd_4734a.htm

--
Best  regards,
Bruce

=============
I like the original and #2 and #3. You  may have not found quite the optimal
rendering yet. But, personally, I think #2  borders on it. Turn that into a
black and white. I think it improves the shot to  be able to see some
indication
of the sea.

And if you don't mind, I  might take the original and play with a bit myself,
I am not bad at "artifying"  things. Godfrey's good at rendering, maybe he
has some suggestions. I'll post my  attempt tomorrow.

Hope that helps.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.