I've always admired the K2 as the "ultimate" of the Pentax K's.  It has a
feeling of solidity and a weight that bothers some but pleases me.  Like the
KX, it has DOF preview and MLU, but in some other respects is specified even
better.  For its time it is a fine manual camera - and quite useful today.

However, I keep hearing that its (Seiko-sha?) metal focal plane shutter
induces a fair amount of vibration [see typical excerpt below]; this would
sort of defeat the whole idea of MLU (which is the main reason I am thinking
of investing in some K2's, to be used with larger glass, as upgrades of my
K1000's, which I will keep for more portable photography).  Can anyone
confirm that this is true?  Is there noticeable degradation of image clarity
- and under what conditions?

>From "http://ca.geocities.com/spirope/PentaxSLR.htm"; :
>
>In addition to its weight, it has two significant drawbacks:  its ASA
> >setting must be the most difficult of any camera ever made, and its
> >first-generation electronic shutter is noisy and vibration prone.   >The
>camera gives a kick that is not solved by locking up its mirror (a >feature
>it has), which no doubt degrades image quality at slow shutter >speeds.

Thanks,

Rob