>I think the part about shutter vibration is complete bullsh*t. Perhaps the
>metal shutter vibrates a *little* more than the cloth shutter of >the other
>K cameras. But enough to negate the benefits of locking up >the mirror???
>Hogwash.
>[...]
>Between its mass and mirror lock-up it produces *very* sharp images
>(given a good lens, of course).
>
>Mark Roberts

This is excellent news - thank you for your opinion, Mark.  This was my
first thought too: that the camera's mass and MLU would lend it to excellent
sharpness (assuming stability, lens quality, etc.).  Also, though I've
repeatedly heard of these shutter vibration rumors, I have seen no proof in
a picture.  A lot depends on when these vibrations happen with regard to the
exposure - as Sas Gabor mentions below, it may be after the shutter is
already closed.

>You can easily feel the heavy vibration, but as far as I can tell, the
> >most of it happens when the shutter closes, so it shakes the camera
> >after the exposure.
>[...]
>I like my K2 a lot! Sas Gabor

Good to know!  Thank you for your opinion as well.

>I think we also should include the vibration because our heart beats when
>the camera is hand holded and... Alexandre Suaide

I'm not sure if you meant this as a joke, but I actually have this very
problem.  It is a major factor in shooting hand-held.  Particularly if I
hold my breath and if I'm using a moderate telephoto, I can feel and see the
rhythmic (sometime a-rhythmic) movement of my heart very clearly.  I do not
know whether this is related to my minor heart condition - it's not exactly
Marfin's syndrome, which would make hand-held shooting impossible, but the
slightly uneven heart pulse may be enough to cause shaking in the limbs
which is barely perceptible except in making hand held shooting more
difficult.  In fact, something like 20% (not sure of the exact number) walk
around with a similar heart condition without being aware of it - it is not
generally life-threating.  I'm not trying to plead a special case here or
illicit sympathy (and I wasn't the least bit upset by your comment) but,
even for those with perfect hearts, the steadiness of the hands is greatly
influenced by the heart - once proper breathing is learned, the heart beat
is the limiting factor of steadiness in hand-held photography.

Rob