First the photo:

http://tinyurl.com/2nvdh3

http://bp2.blogger.com/_EaTEtfR4WJw/RzG94gS56dI/AAAAAAAAA8M/K408ofTTREE/s1600-h/nov_7+002.jpg

The woman was playing one of those scratch and win lotto cards, and
apparently won...

Now the dilemma:

I'm dead tired last night, doing a bit of processing in PS.  I'm done,
and I'm closing up the computer to get ready for bed. I'm not really
done with this photo, as I'm not quite satisfied as is.  I hit "save",
the computer asks if I want to save the changes to the photo, I say
"yes", close PS, shut off the computer.

I realize that I no longer have the original, as it's now been
replaced by the "saved version".  This is the version you see here.
Now I'm kind of stuck with this resized version of a very grainy
poorly cropped photo.  I tried cropping it, but the loss of detail is
more than even I could stand.

So, what I want to know is:  is there any way of retrieving the
original photo, as it was out of the camera?  Or did I completely
pooch myself by hitting "save", instead of "save as" (in which I'd
have created a new file, rather than replacing the original)?

Aaaach!

Thanks for comments wrt the photo, and suggestions (if any) as to the dilemma.

cheers,
frank