In a message dated 11/7/2007 6:13:11 A.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
First the  photo:

http://tinyurl.com/2nvdh3

http://bp2.blogger.com/_EaTEtfR4WJw/RzG94gS56dI/AAAAAAAAA8M/K408ofTTREE/s1600-
h/nov_7+002.jpg

The  woman was playing one of those scratch and win lotto cards, and
apparently  won...

Now the dilemma:

I'm dead tired last night, doing a bit of  processing in PS.  I'm done,
and I'm closing up the computer to get  ready for bed. I'm not really
done with this photo, as I'm not quite  satisfied as is.  I hit "save",
the computer asks if I want to save the  changes to the photo, I say
"yes", close PS, shut off the computer.

I  realize that I no longer have the original, as it's now been
replaced by the  "saved version".  This is the version you see here.
Now I'm kind of  stuck with this resized version of a very grainy
poorly cropped photo.   I tried cropping it, but the loss of detail is
more than even I could  stand.

So, what I want to know is:  is there any way of retrieving  the
original photo, as it was out of the camera?  Or did I  completely
pooch myself by hitting "save", instead of "save as" (in which  I'd
have created a new file, rather than replacing the  original)?

Aaaach!

Thanks for comments wrt the photo, and  suggestions (if any) as to the
dilemma.

cheers,
frank

Nice one. Not  unless you still have it on your card. Do this once and it's a
live and learn  experience. One has to be careful and use Save As rather than
Save. Unless it  was saved as a PSD rather than a RAW, which most Adobe
programs will do by  default (under certain situations). Go back and look.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.