On 8-Jul-08, at 12:32 PM, frank theriault wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Christine  Aguila <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > wrote:
>> Good one, Paul.  He looks a little heavy for that scooter--ya know,
>> I think
>> scooters are dangerous:  they sit low to the ground making them
>> hard to see;
>> they make very little noise--noise is a good safety feature; they
>> have very
>> little speed for emergency situations--speed can be used in emergency
>> situations; and sitting on a 2-wheeler as if sitting on a chair
>> somehow
>> seems like bad balance to me.  You wouldn't get me on one of those
>> things!
>> Anyway, nice picture, Paul.  Cheers, Christine
>>

> Oi!  Me 'n me mates might disagree wiff your assesment o' scooters!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5t5tq4

Nice one, Frank.

I used to ride a scooter.  Honda Dio, fitted with a custom expansion
pipe that nearly required earplugs at idle speed.  However, one of the
dangers is thinking that you can get away without obeying the rules of
the road.  I also had an Aprillia when i was in England (nice hot
SR50), and used to split lanes, and nearly lost it one day.

They're as safe as most other two-wheeled vehicles, as long as you
respect the rules and drive with awareness of the drivers around you.

Mike