If Pentax had of come out with a Dslr back in 2000, 2001 when i
decided to go digital with the equine work, i probably would have
bought it.
The only reason i went Nikon, and have stayed with them as well as
Pentax, was it was basically the only choice at the time. The D1
was/is a nice big, heavy work horse, felt great in my hands and was a
steal at $5000 used. I know Canon had the 20/30D series around then
aswell.

A used one presented itself and i took the bait.

I still have my SP500 and K1000 as well as M42 glass. Just cannot bear
myself to sell any of it.

Dave

--
Documenting Life in Rural Ontario.