Subject: Re: Why Pentax?

2010/1/16 Igor Roshchin <s...@komkon.org>:
I would be glad to hear what others have to say about these thoughts

Well for starters, Pentax Spotmatic was the first SLR I ever used, around 1967. I borrowed one from a work friend & shot some races with it @ Mosport. I loved the results even tho I only had use of one lens, a 135mm.

Prior to that I had been using my brother's Zeiss Ikon Contina & a Voightlander folder. Another work friend was drafted and while in Viet Nam offered to get me a camera @ the PX. Since I was familiar with the Spotmatic so that's what I bought. The savings were significant - I believe I paid something like $89 USD for an Asahi Spotmatic with a 1.4 50mm (?) lens.

Over the years I acquired more lenses, mostly Pentax, never experienced and letdown with the equipment so I never had a reason to switch brands - always thought Nikon was a bit pretentious, still do. Picked up an ES & MX.

I moved into a job that required me using a camera so I again chose Pentax (SF!, PZ1 & PZ1P). About then, late 80's I started to run into problems getting my Pentax fix locally (buying equipment that is), Contacted a Pentax district sales guy who understood the problem & he started selling me Pentax stuff @ his prices. Bought stuff I probably never would without his pricing - MZ-S, 600mm F4 etc.

As Pentax digital SLR's so did I - first the *istD, K10D & K20D.

As I've said I've never had a reason not to buy Pentax.

YMMV

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

.