First camera was a Practika, then a Fujica - but my first real camera
was a Pentax MX - I chose Pentax because at the time (back in 1980) it
was considered a camera for artists - while Nikon and Canon were more
the beaters for the pro snappers. I wanted to be associated with a
discerning elite, not a gang of ruffians. Real arthouse photographers
used Pentax gear and I loved that.

A spate of cameras followed, including more MXen and LXen, and a slew of
glass.

But just a couple of years into this century I waited for Pentax to
bring out a DSLR while Canon were introducing their second (the D60
after the D30) and changed after the MZ-D died. So how shallow am I !

But always wanting the best of both worlds, I took some Pentax glass
with me to Canon, just because I could.

I wish Pentax could reclaim that arthouse feel to the brand. Just a fond
memory now. Ah well.

--

Cheers,
  Cotty