On Feb 20, 2010, at 3:48 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

Our dojo is doing belt tests this week. I was taking pictures this morning and my p-fa 50/1.4 had lots of nasty flare from the light coming in through the windows. While the remaining tests will be in the evening, for future reference would the M 50/1.7 or the supertakumar 50/1.4 be noticeably better at reducing flare?

Since I needed to keep changing lenses to get the right focal length, I was really wishing I had a 16-50. I expect that for the evening tests, I'll wish I had a 16-50 and a K-x.

For them that are interested, photos from today's belt tests (except TK's because I was a bit busy)
white and blue: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157623351131397/
Sylvia: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157623351298219/
Nick: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157623478133602/
The good news is that my keeper ratio seemed to improve throughout the day. Monday evening, however, I'll have to start all over with different light. At least it won't keep changing as the sun goes behind clouds and comes out, and I won't have the killer back lighting.