On 2/27/2010 9:18 PM, David Savage wrote:
On 28 February 2010 06:14, William Robb<war...@gmail.com>  wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cotty"
Subject: Re: UK: Photographer films his own 'anti-terror' arrest, February
2010

The guy with the camera suddenly became the guy with the attitude, and
that's why he was tossed in a cell.

Could you quote me the statute that says having an attitude is against the
law?
I'd like to read it.
I'm calling bullshit on that line of thinking. Treat people like shit,
and they will respond in the same manner.

A stupid way to behave with people with enough power to ruin your day.

DS

I was trying to stay out of the rest of this, but Bill has a point. There's no law against being a a-hole, at least not in the US or Canada, however it's fairly easy for the police to provoke you into being one. They can then arrest you and generally make your life miserable. It is an abuse of power. The will generally not have to pay for, unless they make the mistake picking someone who's extraordinarily rich or well connected.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}