---- Rob Studdert <distudio.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31/03/2010, ann...@nyc.rr.com <ann...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> > Oy --
> > Any ideas would be appreciated..  I can't get into my address book, even.
> > It crashed
> > (coincidence ??? hmmm) just after I accepted the latest WINDOZE upgrade...
> > I tried to debug
> > to no avail... interestingly, I could trick the computer into using my
> > older version of netscape (4.6?)
> > but my beautifully organized netscape 7.0 with 13,000 sent messages and
> > about 5,000 in the inbox
> > cant be reached... I can use this - the online mailbox, ok but the sent
> > mail folder on old netscape
> > I can't access...
> >
> > suggestions would be appreciated... for one - a way to retrieve all that is
> > in there (even if I cant
> > send mail in that fashion)
> >
> > I loved the way Netscape 7.0 worked - until it failed... everything was so
> > tidy.. ah well
> >
> > on the upside, I just sold an item on ebay that will cover the one night
> > I'm staying over in
> > that hotel in Chicago on May 7th... the nostalgia trip for me - not sure if
> > I told the whole
> > lsit about it, but it is the Inn of Chicago and used to be the St Clair.. I
> > lived there for about
> > 4 years, just before and in the early years of WWII..
>
> Hi Ann,
>
> Initially I would reboot and attempt to open the application again, if
> that fails then make a back-up copy of the mail folder then reinstall
> the application.

Rob - I rebooted multiple times...

> See Backing up the Netscape 7.x for Windows email folder
> http://www.hawaii.edu/askus/615

Well- I backed up following this onto my external hard drive and
most of the stuff onto a CD, too

I don't have a copy of 7.0 - I downloaded it from the web a while back...
but not sure about where the safest place is to do that...

It may be that there are too many support issues to keep using that...
a bit scary... I liked the way it worked - um- until it failed  :_)

thanks for that link  that at least saved files for me.

ann