On Jul 12, 2010, at 1:05 PM, Jerry in Arizona wrote:

> For some years I have been an on again off again soccer fan while playing
> and coaching American football.  But after watching this WC series I am now
> coninced that Soccer (futball) is a vastly superior GAME to American
> football.
> Congratulations to the Spanish team and all its supporters!

When I was an undergraduate our wrestling coach -- who was a four time All
American, as were his two sons -- took a stopwatch to an American football game
and kept track of the amount of time the players were actually doing anything
other than walking around, standing around, in the huddle, etc. As I recall it
was less than two minutes.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net