On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 3:37 PM, steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com> wrote:
>> To me, performance improvements like that make the CS2 to CS4 upgrade
>> fee trivial when I consider how much time it will save. It also means
>> editing becomes FAR more responsive and fun. :-)
>
> it's a significant but not enormous difference,

Well, "enormous" is a judgment call. I only go into Photoshop these
day to do complex things that can't be done in Lightroom, so when I go
in there it needs be to do some serious heavy lifting. Doing lens
corrections, blending, compositing, stitching, etc are MUCH MUCH
faster in CS4 on the Mac Mini than in CS2. (Lightroom is also quite a
lot faster too, and when I get back from a trip like I did this week
with 800+ exposures that I want to work with, it cuts the
preview-build time from import to 'ready to work' substantially.)
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com