That's damned nice. Who are you and really, what did you do with frank. (not that Frank's stuff wasn't nice, not nice really, but you know...)

On 9/26/2010 9:01 AM, frank theriault wrote:
My partner was out of the house last night/this morning, so I took
advantage by getting up before the crack of dawn (now that dawn's
cracking at a more reasonable time), feeding the cats, then schlepping
(~before~ my first coffee, mind you!) the *istD, Tokina 80-200mm f2.8
and monopod down to the lake to try to get some photos of daybreak.

It was a mixed success.  Clouds on the horizon obscured the actual
sunrise over the lake.  Got lots of photos anyway, but none grabbed
me.

To the east of the actual sunrise was the skyline of Toronto, and
again, took loads of photos.  I think this is the best of them:

http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/quiet-city.html

Hope you enjoy.  Comments welcome.

BTW, the title was blatantly ripped off from one of my favourite Aaron
Copland pieces which he wrote for an Irwin Shaw play (Quiet City)
which ended up never being published.  It's playing on the stereo now;
if you listen real close you may be able to hear it.

;-)

cheers,
frank

--
"His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral
bankruptcy."