From: "John Sessoms"
Subject: Re: I don't like being the squeaky wheel, but...

At the very least, it shouldn't be a profit center for them.

I don't think they make a profit from repairs. I thought Pentax had out-sourced repair work?

So they get to sell lots of parts and fixing it is a profit center for the repair people, whomever they are. The point I was trying to make, which seems to have been lost on you, is that Pentax should be fixing dead AF motors in these lenses without charge because it is painfully obvious that there is a fundamental problem with them. If this is done by Pentax or an outsourced repair company is of absolutely no importance, the point is that Pentax should be picking up the tab.

William Robb