From: eckinator
2010/10/1 John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>:

> I don't think they make a profit from repairs. I thought Pentax had
> out-sourced repair work?
outsourcing usually saves money (or reduces loss) plus you no longer
have to worry about employee rights. you bet they make a profit.
ecke

Well, to the extent that they reduce a business cost, but what I mean is Pentax doesn't make X number of Dollars, Euro, Yen ... profit off of each repair as was implied.

It's just a bad business practice to manufacture shoddy goods, and then expect to make money off of repairing defects, especially if you don't actually repair the defects meaning the item has to be repaired again and again.

If Pentax does that, they won't be in business long. They've got their faults as a company, but I just don't think they're that stupid.